Tuesday, January 6, 2009

This is a Picture when i was Promoted to General Roadmaster , Idaho Division .1 will share a little Story with You . After i was promted to General Roadmaster , I was told that i was to be the Key Note Speaker at the Rail Road Conference in Chicago,Illinoios. . They were only 2500
People attending the Convention , you can Image how a little boy from idaho felt . It was one of the few times in my life , that I was Scared ) and i mean Realy Scared . on a Quite day , if you Listen very careful you can hear the Echo of my knees Knocking , But when it was over i got a
standing ovation for my talk , and later my speech was published in the Railroad Magazine
my Speech was on Snow Fighting on the Idaho Division with the Wedge Plow and the Rotary
Snow Plow . Each night after Convention was over , our eqipment dealers would take us out the Dinner . On one night , A Equipment Dealer that i happened to know , took 8 of us out to Dinner ,
We had Lobster and Salmon that had been flown in from Alaska , and a lot of Wine , A group
of musians play violins while we are . They realy put a show on, Jokely the Equipment Dealer
gave me the Check which was only $3500.00 , i about fell off my Chair ,

Well this is a little bit about the Good Life of Working on the Railroad

2 comments:

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I love hearing all of these stories grandpa. I would be scared to death also. Just reading about that lobster and salmon makes my mouth water. So when are you taking me out?

Bon said...

Oh Gramps! Keep these kind of stories coming! I love them and also love that I can re read them whenever I want! Love ya!

P.S. Sorry Banana gramps only takes me out to Space burgers!!!