Friday, December 28, 2007

Grandpa Secret

When i was 19 years old , I had a Souped up 1948 Ford Convertible . It had a Super charged air intake, 3/4 Cam . High Speed Transmission and Twin Smities for the tail pipe . During the Time of the Story ,I was working
Between Burns ,Oregon and Ontario , Oregon as Assist.Foreman , Any way on week ends i would drive home to Hammett , At Mountain Home their was a cop that always tried to catch me , it got so it was a game , I would as i approched Mountain Home , Put the Car in Secound Gear ( It used to go 85 MPH in Secound ) and Let the Smities Wake up the Town , and then the Cop would try to Catch Me , All he had was a old pickup , it probaly would not go over 60 MPH , any way he would turn on his siren and his Blinking Lights . I would let him get about a block away. then i would always leave him in the Dust . This was a regular Routine that we played for about 6 mouths when i worked in Oregon , Motto of this Story , When it come time for your kids to drive , Make sure you know what they are Doing . That old saying " Do what i tell you , Not what i Do Should apply in all Cases . The only thing about this story , My mom & dad did not know that their darling little boy
was up to no good at sometimes in his life .

3 comments:

Bon said...

Oh what terrible mischief Gramps. I think we all have a bit of "mischief" in our genes......thanks....

Bonnie

Roylance Rec. Center said...

ha ha ha! Funny story Grampz
~ali

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

This story was one of my favorites so far! You make me laugh so hard Grandpa, when are you going to come fora visit?